Newest cutsheet series enables printers of all sizes to embrace digital solutions at an affordable price point, and maximize growth opportunities
Malvern, PA, September 10, 2015 - Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the availability of the RICOH Pro C9100 and RICOH Pro C9110 – its newest high speed, heavy segment production color digital printer series – aimed at blasting away the cost-of-entry barrier for small to large print service providers who are looking to either transition from offset into the high-volume digital market or acquire more feature-rich, less costly equipment.
Producing high quality, high speed digital output with variable data options, the RICOH Pro C9100 series provides printers with a greater feature set for transforming and delivering their information. It offers fast turnaround times and more personalization at a price that enhances profitability. In today’s world of work, this best-in-class solution ultimately gives print service providers what they have been asking for – an affordable solution with a broader range of media capabilities and superior toner transfer technology for producing marketing collateral, such as brochures and flyers, and direct mail pieces, including coupons and postcards.
“Ricoh’s team and solutions have brought unprecedented value to my business in such a short amount of time,” said Lawrence Chou, Chief Executive Officer of MGX Copy. “In our market, we are constantly seeking ways to stay ahead of the competition while driving new sources of revenue. From the first time I saw the RICOH Pro C9110, I knew that it was the system for us.”
The RICOH Pro C9100 and RICOH Pro C9110 print at speeds of up to 110 and 130 pages per minute (ppm) respectively, with 1200 x 4800 dpi at VCSEL image quality. With advanced Fiery controller options and the ability to support paper weights of up to 400gsm in both simplex and duplex while maintaining rated engine speed, the series delivers increased applications and efficiency without degradation of quality. With a maximum standard sheet size of 13x19.2 inches and maximum monthly volume of one million impressions based on A4, with a duty cycle of 1.75M, it offers customers greater flexibility.
“Producing high quality digital color documents at high speeds and high volumes has traditionally meant an expensive price tag for printers, until now,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Print Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “Despite today’s ubiquity of digital color, the price point to produce color materials was too high for many smaller print shops. Understanding this, we aimed to level the playing field with the RICOH Pro C9100 series, allowing our customers to attack new market segments, ones formerly controlled only by printers with offset capabilities and higher end digital devices. Bringing this series along with the RICOH Pro C7100 products to market, is our way of rounding out our color production print portfolio, giving our customers a wealth of options when deciding to transition to color or expand their current portfolio.”
Other value-adds of the RICOH Pro C9100 and RICOH Pro C9110 include:
- An AC-transfer system and elastic fusing belt to highlight output on a variety of heavily textured media, which are vacuum-fed from all eight paper drawers (up to 3 LCTs) and provide a total paper capacity of 18,150 sheets;
- With a duplex 27.5 inches, 400 gsm coated media from the oversize media option;
- An image feedback system that gives real time information and correction of engine calibration, and mechanical registration that the customer can easily adjust from the operation panel;
- A straight paper path with LED guidance for user intervention;
- An increased color gamut for increased output fidelity;
- Automatic adjustment for media density, resulting in less wasted toner and a lower toner melting point, meaning faster warm-up times and increased energy efficiency;
- A media library that allows users to adjust and associate 99 different parameters per substrate to help ensure IQ and reliability;
- A media identification unit for matching unique media types to those in the media library;
- New Fiery controllers using the latest FS150 platform;
- A complete suite of optional finishing solutions, including the Plockmatic booklet maker, booklet folder and trimmers and the GBC StreamPunch Pro EX for in-tab punching;
- Improved productivity with Ricoh’s TCRU program (Trained Customer Replaceable Units), which enables customers to replace more than a dozen parts for increased uptime and performance.
To learn more about the RICOH Pro C9100 series and its features, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.