If you are in the market for a new printer, you are aware of all the options available. In addition to the overwhelming amount of choices, you can add in the question of whether to buy or lease new equipment. Read the distinctions below to help you choose what would be the right fit for you.
Why You Should Lease
- Service- A professional technician will know your printer inside and out with all its quirks. You don’t want to damage the machine in your attempt to fix it, so it’s better to leave the maintenance to the pros. They will also have the ability to order needed parts faster.
- Cost of supplies- Depending on your contract you can fit in the cost of supplies on your monthly bill.
- New technology- When you lease a printer you always have the option of the newest model. Also, if you want to try out a unique printer, such as wide format, leasing is the way to go.
Why You Should Buy
- Ownership- If you have the funds to purchase a printer outright then you may want to go ahead and buy. It will be the less expensive option in the long run.
- Cost savings- When you buy a printer, you can choose what supplies to purchase and may stray from the manufacturer's recommendations if you find something cheaper.
In the end, you will have to decide if you want to make an upfront investment or spread your payments out throughout the year. A copier dealer will be able to walk you through the process and help you make the right decision. If you are looking to lease or buy a printer, we can help. Give us a call today!