Malvern, PA, July 9, 2015 - Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the availability of the RICOH Pro C7100 product line, its latest addition to its production print portfolio that offers customers best-in-class color printing technologies with the ability to print on textured media and custom materials. This four-color RICOH Pro C7100 helps printers expand their portfolios further into the graphic arts market at a price point not available in today’s market for this engine class.
This new addition to the RICOH Pro C7100 series, first announced at Graph Expo ’14, enables small and mid-sized printers to create more revenue streams, offer more competitive applications and produce higher volumes with fewer delays. Printers can now create output that stands out from the competition by offering oversize prints, window clings, VDP, POP displays, printing on textured media and custom materials, at an affordable price point.
“Commercial printers face the ongoing challenge of completing a growing number of complex jobs, meeting tight deadlines, and doing so affordably,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “We developed the RICOH Pro C7100 series as a cost-effective solution that meets our customers’ needs without sacrificing quality. With these latest models, printers can complete their most demanding workloads, expand into new markets and execute shorter print runs to help grow their business.”
As printers look to maximize operational throughput at lowered costs, device uptime becomes critically important. With Ricoh’s Trained Customer Replaceable Units (TCRU) program, customers can replace more than a dozen parts without the aid of a technician, minimizing downtime needed for maintenance. This allows printers to focus on running their business while keeping an eye on the bottom line.
The RICOH Pro C7100 series, available in both printer/scanner and printer only configurations, also features the following customer benefits:
- An AC-transfer system and elastic fusing belt technology to enhance output on heavily textured media such as vellum and linen.
- Speeds of up to 90 pages per minute and a maximum sheet size of 13 x 19.2, with a monthly volume of 240,000 based on A4.
- Ricoh’s new vacuum feed LCT with an option to enable oversized prints of up to 27.5 inches in length.
- Tight sheet-to-sheet registration through a mechanical registration system that squares the sheet prior to imaging and can easily be adjusted from the user interface.
- A media library that allows users to adjust and associate different parameters per substrate to help ensure IQ and reliability.
- A self-contained liquid cooling system that keeps the developer at a constant temperature and minimizes disruptions in extended production runs.
- A complete suite of optional finishing solutions that result in collated, finished documents ready for distribution with no manual intervention. This includes in-line ring bind, perfect bind, as well as new Plockmatic Bookletmakers and GBC StreamPunch Ultra.
- The ability to expand in-line finishing options with the Ricoh Peripheral Interface Port (RPIP), enabling them to produce high quality finished work at higher speeds.
Visit the Ricoh website for further information: www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp.